Knowing at least some of the Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts helps make your Windows 8 experience much more enjoyable. Try to memorize these top Windows 8 shortcut keys.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start screen or switch to the Desktop (if open).
- Press the Windows key+D opens the Windows Desktop.
- Press the Windows key+. to pin and unpin Windows apps on the side of the screen.
- Press the Windows key+X to open the power user menu, which gives you access to many of the features most power users would want (e.g. Device Manager and Command Prompt).
- Press the Windows key+C to open the Charms.
- Press the Windows key+I to open the Settings, which is the same Settings found in Charms.
- Press and hold the Windows key+Tab to show open apps.
- Press the Windows key+Print screen to create a screenshot, which is automatically saved into your My Pictures folder.